Delivering Awareness on the Road to a Cure for cystic fibrosis
– Every Breath Counts –
FTC Aggregate Supply is proud to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in their path to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis (CF). For many years we, along with Ferguson Trenching Company, have sponsored the Maryland Chapter and the Great Strides walk in their efforts to raise awareness for the disease. Many people don’t know much about CF but for our companies, it hits home.
Why is CF so important to the FTC family? The daughter of Ferguson Trenching Company’s President and Managing Member of FTC Aggregate Supply, Jeff Ferguson, has been living with Cystic Fibrosis since she was diagnosed at the age of three. Not only is she family, she is also a company employee. Jill’s story is inspiring and we are hopeful that it continues in an upward trajectory.
With over 250 employees between the two companies, we are certain there are others within our FTC family that are impacted by the disease in some way – whether that be themselves, family, and/or friends. We may not know who, but know that we stride with you in your journey.
It’s important to understand the depth of CF. Our new truck wrap pictured above states many facts that are important to know:
- CF is a genetic disease with no cure.
- Cystic Fibrosis affects many organs within one’s body but most noteworthy is the lungs – the ability to breathe. Some living with the disease says it feels like breathing through a straw.
- There are approximately 1,000 new cases diagnosed each year; 75% of which are diagnosed by the age of two.
- The type and severity of CF symptoms vary from person to person.
- Recent developments have prolonged the life expectancy for the nearly 30,000 Americans (70,000 world-wide) that live with it but they are yet to find the cure.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Maryland Chapter works hard to raise awareness and educate the public. Their resources are used to accomplish one goal – make CF stand for Cure Found.
FTC is committed to Adding Tomorrows for every person living with Cystic Fibrosis. Stride with us!
As part of our efforts in delivering awareness, we have given Truck 139 driven by Louis West Jr., a bit of a makeover! (Pictured above with Jill Ferguson) To see the full design, click here.
Read Jill’s story here & Join her team >>
Due to COVID-19 the 2020 CF Great Strides walk is cancelled, but we can still raise awareness and donate!
Pictured: Jillian’s Jaywalkers at the 2019 Great Strides walk in Annapolis at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
history of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation